To make this site easy to use, useful and reliable, we sometimes place small amounts of information on your computer. These small files are known as cookies. They are essential for the site to function properly.
- remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
- remembering details you have saved on the website (e.g. bookmarked courses) so that you can access them from wherever you visit within the Discover Uni website
- enable the use of social media functionality, giving you direct access to the Discover Uni Twitter, Facebook and Instagram pages
- measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage them, visit the ICO website ICO guide to cookies [opens in new window]
Measuring website usage (Google Analytics)
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how people use this site. We do this to help us make sure that it is meeting your needs and to understand how we could do it better.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got there and what links you follow. We do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
The following cookies are used by the Discover Uni website.
Essential cookies are used to make the site function.
Required for form submissions
- csrftoken (expires - Session )
Stores the user's cookie consent state for the current domain
- DiscoverUniAnalyticsCookies (expires - 1 year)
- DiscoverUniAnalyticsCookiesDeclined (expires - 1 year)
These are used with your permission to measure website usage.
- _ga (expires - 2 years)_
- _gat_gtag_UA_147556197_1 (expires - 1 year)
- _ga_9XTF7DN7MG (expires - 2 year)
- _gid (expires - 1 day)